Here are some frequently asked questions about the EnLighten app and their answers.
- When will EnLighten be available in my area?
Enlighten is currently available in Eugene and Portland, Oregon, with deployment to many new cities forthcoming. If you would like to register your interest in brining EnLighten you your home, please submit your request here.
- How much does EnLighten cost?
The EnLighten app is free.
- How can I get EnLighten for my phone?
The app can be downloaded from the Android Market.
- Is EnLighten available for iPhone?
An iPhone version is currently in development, but no release date has been announced yet.
- Are there privacy issues involved with EnLighten?
No! Nothing about you—not even the ID of your phone—is stored on any of our computers. All of our computers are behind firewalls, and even if they weren't, none of your personal information is there.
- How can I extend my battery life?
EnLighten provides the option to conserve battery power (see the options screen) by only using the GPS when other apps are already using it, and by powering down the GPS when the phone's charge is low.
For longer trips, you may want to plug your phone in.